The Postal Devices Training Kit has been developed to help train mailroom workers learn about the types of threats that they may encounter.
This mailroom security training aid provides a number of parcels, envelopes, tubes and padded bags that contain explosive devices (IEDs), incendiary devices (IIDs) and sharp objects.
The postal devices training kit also includes a number of replica mail IEDs from well known past terrorist events.
All items within this postal devices training kit are marked with suspicious features and are addressed and stamped with a variety of different markings, both British and international. Items can be purpose-addressed, marked and stamped with specific country identification if details and samples are provided.
Case Study Postal Device Replicas
- Neo-Nazi – letter
- Al hayat – letter
- Mardi gras – video cassette box
- Envelope type – coin cell batteries – dl envelope
- Postal tube device with theatrical maroons
- Video cassette box fitted with photo-diode device
Further Mail Threats
- Non-explosive – matches with incendiary compound – padded bag
- Non-explosive – razor blades
- Parcel with typical features